Sunday, September 2, 2012

Comic-con

I attended my first Comic-con with my son in May. Wild event, and I happened across this blog post regarding the event. This author is writing about the San Diego version, my son and I attended the Phoenix event. I’ve also been trying to sort out my feelings about Comic-Con as an entity. It’s big and loud and exhausting and expensive to participate in, but at the same time it’s this amazing passel of energy that assembles, charges itself up like a lightning storm, and then disassembles in the space of a week, leaving no trace. It’s like Burning Man in that way, except where Burning Man isn’t concerned with commerce, Comic-Con is exquisitely concerned with commerce. And it’s one of these things in life that’s now so big that it can only be appreciated in facets. http://wondermark.com/some-thoughts-on-comic-con/

No comments:

Post a Comment