Constitution Day — Five Reads
1. Mark Levin, Men in Black. A great read surveying the evolution and subversion of the American Constitution.
2. F. A. Hayek, The Constitution of Liberty. A marvelous survey of the ideas embedded in the American Constitution.
3. Christopher Wolfe, The Rise of Modern Judicial Review. A readable yet sophisticated history of how we got from there to here.
4. Thomas Woods & Kevin Gutzman, Who Killed the Constitution? A popular version of the evolution of the American Constitution.
5. Andrew Napolitano, The Constitution in Exile. Another popular account of the upending of the Founder’s Constitution.
BONUS: Randy Barnett, Restoring the Lost Constitution. One of our best legal minds lays out a plan for restoring, well, our Lost Constitution.
BONUS II: Richard Epstein, How Progressives Rewrote the Constitution. A short account of what the Progressives have wrought, from one of the brightest men in America.
A Public Choice Truth
7 hours ago