Thursday, August 18, 2011

Cheating as signalling

Last month a friend and I discussed education as signaling over on Facebook. I was skeptical about the efficacy of public funding for higher education, my friend replied that higher education was valuable for its signalling function, implying that public funding for much of higher education lead to benefits great than cost.

This seems relevant to that discussion.

Written by Panos Ipeirotis

Last Fall, it was my first semester of teaching as a tenured professor. It was also the semester that I realized how pervasive cheating is in our courses.


Read on . . .

http://www.bspcn.com/2011/07/17/why-i-will-never-pursue-cheating-again/


As an insider to this segment of society with limited knowledge, I remains skeptical of the efficacy of significant government intervention in the higher ed market.

No comments:

Post a Comment