Friday, April 2, 2010

$50 Billion Tidal Wave: How Unfunded Pensions Could Overwhelm Arizona Taxpayers | Goldwater Institute

I forwarded this link to an accounting colleague. He then forwarded the link to the entire faculty.

The result was both predictably and very, very discouraging. All responses indicated that the Goldwater Institute was biased and to take anything that was produced there with a grain of salt. (Never mind that the Pew Center for the States a non profit on the "other" side of the ideological spectrum came to the same conclusion - with a lower order of magnitude).

So, rather than focusing on the core issue - the looming threat to citizens from unsustainable entitlements, my higher education colleagues attacked the messenger. I counted responses from English, Sociology, History and Humanities faculty - not surprising I suppose.

I did wonder where my colleagues in business and economics stood.

$50 Billion Tidal Wave: How Unfunded Pensions Could Overwhelm Arizona Taxpayers | Goldwater Institute

No comments:

Post a Comment